For the first time, Zap Mama gives a workshop in Brussels.
Indulge in a 90 minutes musical adventure!
You will explore the dimensions of your voice and pulse your body into the rhythm.
- Voice warmup: rhythmic breathing to a long soft melody and articulation of onomatopoeia.
- Use of foreign languages to explore the dimensions of the voice.
- Learning deep breathing techniques through various emotions.
- Acquiring tools to manage stress and discover and sharing harmonies with each other.
- Learning Zap Mama’s ethno vocal techniques: inspired by the oral traditions from different parts of the world. Polyphonic from Congo, Ethiopia, Mali... including the European harmonies and American soul.
Class 1: from 2 pm to 3.30 pm: melodious ethno funk vocalization
Class 2: from 5 pm to 6.30 pm: groove with your voice in dance a cappella (beatboxing and the harmonization of vocal sounds)
Hosted by Marie Daulne
Who sang with artists from all around the world such as... Al Jarreau, Bobby McFerrin, Erykah Badu, Robert Glasper,
Sergio Mendez, The Roots, Myriam Makeba, Manu Dibango,
Talib Kweli, Common, Oumou Sangare, Lady black Mambasso....
Rue Auguste Ortsstraat 20-28, 1000 Brussels.
1 class = €25
2 classes = €40
Group (5 people): 1 class for €20 p.p.